ABOUT OUR TEACHING CHURCH
Somewhere along the way the church did less teaching and more entertaining. Our culture changed and our churches followed the culture. Faith In Action Lutheran Church wants to return to an emphasis on:
2. Meaningful worship,
3. Intense Bible Study, and a better understanding of the History of our Christian Faith.
6. Laity Training
Faith in Action is a teaching church because the early church was a teaching church and Jesus was the leading Teacher. 2 john 3 john
Several Pastors have written articles on the teaching church and some of the main points are included here:
Christian teaching in the early church. by Glenn Hinson
Teaching was the lifeblood of the early Christian Church. The Hellenistic. World into which the church was born. Pointed proudly to its great teachers. Judaism. Christianity’s historical antecedent. Was a religion of teachers. Jesus of Nazareth, through whom and because, of whom the church was founded. Was a teacher of teachers. It was natural, then, that teaching should Hold an eminent place in a ministry of the early church. And one justifiably turns to it for guidance concerning the Teaching Ministry of the Church today. By Glenn Hinson
Vance Pitman is the senior pastor of Hope Church in Las Vegas, Nevada. As a seasoned church planter who has commissioned more than forty churches, and now as a national mobilizer for NAMB, Vance seeks to promote awareness that the gospel is very needed in the United States as well as all over the world. You can follow him on Twitter at @VancePitman
- They had a faith that produced obedience
- They had a passion that produced unity.
- They had a desperation that produced prayer.
- They had the Spirit that produced power.
Five Notable Characteristics of the Early Church
- Acts 2:42 And they were continually devoting themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
- The Early Church Was Devoted to the Word
- The Early Church Was Devoted to Fellowship
- The Early Church Was Devoted to the Lord’s Supper
- The Early Church was devoted to Prayer
FIVE THINGS THAT WE CAN LEARN FROM THE EARLY CHURCH Tim Keller January 2020
- Strong Traditions
- The Power of God
- Giving generously
- Unspeakable Joy
- Reaching the Lost
Tim Keller (MDiv, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary; DMin, Westminster Theological Seminary) is founder of Redeemer Presbyterian Church (PCA) in Manhattan, chairman of Redeemer City to City, and founder of The Gospel Coalition. He has written numerous books, including The Reason for God. He and his wife, Kathy, have three children.
Characteristics of the early Church
- Teaching and Preaching
Originally from Ireland, James is the pastor of Glasgow Elim Church. He accepted that post in 2009 and was previously associate pastor at Reading Elim moving from there to lead Elim Church Crawley.